Explore how blow molding and rotational molding relates to chapter three overall and learn about each.
- Rotational molding and blow molding…are methods we've over viewed a little bit,…but now it's time to talk specifics.…In rotational molding,…plastic powder is measured into the mold,…and the entire mold is placed in a heating oven.…The machine then rotates the mold…along one or more axes,…letting the material coat all of the walls…to a nominally even coating.…Rotational molding is well suited…for vessel containers for liquids,…and for parts that have specific outside…measurements required.…
The benefit of this method is primarily cost,…as it's cheaper than injection molding.…Rotocast parts are a great choice…for parts that don't have interior geometry,…and don't have strict wall thickness requirements.…Rotoparts can be robust and have a reduced tooling cost,…though sometimes the material cost per unit is higher.…Rotomolded parts can be entirely self contained,…meaning they don't have to be assembled later.…Rotopart tooling still has to follow mold guidelines though.…
Draft, flash, and drag marks for mold separation…
- What are mold making and casting?
- Type of molds
- Designing a mold
- Types of casting
- Mold and box setup
- Complex molds
- 3D printing and CNC manufacturing for molding and casting
- Other molding processes
Skill Level Beginner
Rhino and V-Ray: Product Design Renderingwith Dave Schultze2h 54m Intermediate
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
Prime Studio Product Designwith Stuart Harvey Lee14m 2s Intermediate
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
Product Design: From CAD to 3D Modelwith Jean Gorospe1h 45m Beginner
What is mold design?1m 22s
1. What Is Mold Making and Casting?
2. Everyday Casting: Materials
3. Design Considerations for Molding
4. The Casting Process
5. What Prototyping Processes Tell You about Full-Scale Manufacturing
6. 3D Printing and CNC for Molding and Casting
7. Other Applications and Processes
Next steps1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.