This video explains K-Factor, bend deduction, and setback.
- [Instructor] On the sheet metal exam,…we're going to be asked to flatten out…several different sheet metal parts,…and find the final length of that part.…To do that, it's very easy to go up to the sheet metal…toolbar, come right here to flatten,…click on that that one, our part should flatten out.…And then we could come over here,…and click on the measure tool,…and go ahead and measure the length of…the flattened state of that.…And you can see here, the length is 341.47 millimeters.…Once you've got it flat and save your part,…then you put that value into the dialog box in the exam,…and you should get the right values.…
As long as you put the right bend deduction,…bend allowance, or K-factor in to SOLIDWORKS.…So, let's explain what those all mean.…So, basically, over here under the Sheet Metal folder,…at the very top, right click,…and click on Edit Feature.…And you can see over here,…we've got this Bend Allowance checkmark already turned on.…And under the dropdown box, click in there,…and you can see we have the option of using Bend Table,…
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems