Find out how to gauge your workstation's performance of SOLIDWORKS products and compare with other setups.
- [Instructor] The SOLIDWORKS CAD package … is demanding on work stations, … and requires them to perform at a certain level. … As an experienced, or inexperienced user, … it's still a good idea to run a performance benchmark test … once a year or so, to find out how your work station … is performing with SOLIDWORKS. … To do this, we simply go to the SOLIDWORKS … Rx tool, as we've done before, click over … on the benchmark tab, go down, … and click the start benchmark button. … You'll notice here that you get a few warnings … before you run the benchmark. … SOLIDWORKS and PhotoView, if they're installed, … will be tested, so this is actually … going to open up SOLIDWORKS and PhotoView … and load up some sample files … that it's going to run some calculations on … to see how it performs, and give you that feed out. … And it might reboot the computer prior to testing, … and the test can take up to 30 minutes, … depending on the computer configuration. … So do not use your computer … for other applications during this test. …
- Working with the Costing Template Editor
- Using the Property Tab Builder
- Troubleshooting drawings in SOLIDWORKS Rx
- Benchmarking in SOLIDWORKS Rx
- Customizing your hardware
- Defining user settings in the Toolbox
- Managing tasks
- Routing with the Routing Library Manager
- Working with SOLIDWORKS Treehouse
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
1. SOLIDWORKS Tools
2. SOLIDWORKS Rx
3. SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Settings
4. SOLIDWORKS Task Manager
5. SOLIDWORKS Routing Library Manager
6. SOLIDWORKS Treehouse
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.