Join Kipp Bradford for an in-depth discussion in this video Basic GD&T symbols: Run-out, part of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- [Instructor] Runout controls the tolerances…of cylindrical surfaces, as these…features are rotated around a given datum axis.…Basic runout controls how much…a particular circular element of a feature…varies with respect to a given datum…when the part is rotated around that datum's axis.…Runout controls the wobble of a rotating element.…It can be used to set limits on the cumulative effects…of circularity and coaxiality.…Total runout controls how much the entire…surface of a cylindrical feature varies…with respect to a given datum, when the part…is rotated around that datum's axis.…
Total runout controls both wobble and flatness…of a rotating element.…It can be used to set limits on the cumulative effects…of cylindricity and coaxiality.…
- Where dimensioning goes wrong
- Basic GD&T rules and symbols
- GD&T from the engineering perspective
- Manufacturing design rules
- Interpreting GD&T in CAD models
- GD&T from the machinist perspective
- Understanding the tolerance limits of your shop
- Communicating your tolerance capabilities to potential customers
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS: Integrated CAM with HSMXpresswith Gabriel Corbett2h 32m Intermediate
1. From Digital to Physical
Realities of manufacturing4m 46s
2. Introduction to GD&T
3. GD&T from the Engineering Perspective
4. GD&T from the Machinist Perspective
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.