Join Tony Abbey for an in-depth discussion in this video Background to FR analysis, part of SOLIDWORKS Simulation: Dynamic Analysis.
- [Instructor] In this video,…we look at the background to frequency response analysis.…This is a general background,…and I relate frequency response analysis…and compare it to transient analysis.…Then I look at the input requirements…for frequency response.…Now these are very specific…and need controlling very carefully.…And then I look at the output responses…coming from the frequency response analysis.…So the first question is, what is frequency response?…Well many loading environments have very strong…and sustained periodic content or periodic input.…
Now this input could have a constant amplitude and phase…across a frequency range,…and that would be something like…a shaker table or an exciter,…or the amplitude and phase may vary,…something like a rotating system, vortex shedding,…or driving across road surfaces.…The objective of frequency response analysis…is to investigate the steady state response…across a frequency range, to input of this periodic type.…Now each specific input frequency point…across a frequency input range represents a harmonic input.…
- Analysis of normal modes
- Modeling different types of masses
- Dynamic analysis
- Controlling transient analysis
- Analyzing motion of bases
- Analyzing frequency response
- Interpreting results of analysis
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Simulation for Finite Element Analysiswith Tony Abbey2h 29m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Shell and Beam Modeling in FEAwith Tony Abbey1h 22m Intermediate
1. Normal Modes Analysis
2. Key Dynamic Analysis Concepts
3. Transient Analysis
4. Frequency Response (FR) Analysis
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.