Learn how to sort by level.
- [Instructor] In some circumstances, you might have a bill of materials and you might be missing an item. Or you have multiple items in your bill of materials that you just don't want to show up. So in that case, we have the ability to either exclude an item for a bill of materials or to add it in if it's not there. So let me show you how that's happening. So over here you can see I've got some little balloons over here designating the different items. And notice this one with the star is excluded from the bill of materials. Now if you didn't really want it there you probably want to add a balloon anyways, but if you want to add that back into the bill of materials, you can do that a couple different ways.
So one is choosing the item itself, and you can go ahead and open up that assembly. So click on this thing here and open up that assembly. Alright, and then over here you can figure out which component that is, right, pretty easy, by clicking on the item there, and come up here to component properties. And notice this one has already been excluded from the bill of materials. You might have done that accident or maybe you're using the part in a different assembly, you didn't want it. Either way, uncheck that box, click on OK. Now that can be brought into the bill of materials so go ahead and make sure you save it out.
And then come over back to the drawing and notice it does show up. It's right here at the bottom. Now if you want to re-sort that bill of materials you can easily do that just by clicking up here, right-click and say sort by part number, OK. Now it's re-sorted. Now notice it is a little bit different size font, but you can easily change that as well. The point is is you can add something to a bill of materials pretty easily and you can also remove things. A lot of times people will add things to a bill of materials, or to actually an assembly that they don't necessarily want to show up, maybe it's a piece of hardware or it's a specialty fixture that might be in there, something like that, or even things like glue, you might be adding in or you want to show up.
Any of those options, you might either turn it on or turn it off. Just make sure you're aware where these things are. The other situation that you might end up with is a hidden component. So it's there, you just can't see it, so it's either suppressed or just hidden, so make sure you're aware where those are. Over here on the right hand side, I'm going to pull this over a little bit. You can then see in this drawing view here, this is the assembly here and here's the individual parts. So something for instance was hidden. You could easily change it here, show/hide, you can say, hide that component and now you don't see it here even though it's still there.
And of course if you want to bring that component back, you can always right-click on it and say show/hide and let's go ahead and show that component and now he's back.
- Downloading the testing software
- Working with drawing views
- Accessing data in the bill of materials
- Using equations with BOM data
- Importing model items
- Creating complex views
- Sample exam questions and answers