Learn about auto-view key and disable view playback options. Learn how these are used to automatically generate keys, which can be a time saver but also may not be preferred in some cases if the manual key setting is preferred in animations.
- [Instructor] Two very important options or setting…when dealing with view keys…are the auto view keys…and disable view playbacks.…So, to select these options,…I can just navigate over to my orientation…and camera views here.…Just do a right click…and it gives me a view options to select here.…Two of the most important,…I have the Disable Playback View keys…and Disable View Key Creation.…So, let's take a look first…at Disable View Key Creation.…By default, this is turned on or disabled…and I'd say my preference is to keep this turned on…or disabled but again,…it comes down to your own personal preference.…
But what this does essentially…is it disables automatic view key creation…if I ever rotate or change the view of my model.…So, what I mean by that is, for example,…with this disabled, if I'm going into my animation here,…if I make any change to the view,…so just do a rotate or anything like that even,…I don't see a view change automatically coming in…and generally I don't want that…'cause when I'm running through my animations,…
- Working with MotionManager
- Reviewing common animation terminology
- Using the Animation Wizard to generate animations
- Making complex animations with the click and drag method
- Editing the timeline and views
- Changing display and appearances
- Using scenes and lighting in animations
- Controlling animation with mates
- Physics-based motion
- Creating walkthrough animations
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
Modeling a Bicycle Frame with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever42m 34s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animation Wizard
3. Manual Animations
4. Editing the Timeline and Views
6. Motion Drivers
7. Basic Motion: Physics-Based Motion
8. Cameras and Walkthrough Animations
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.