Learn about using auto-routing in SOLIDWORKS for easy automatic calculations of your pipe path.
- [Instructor] It's time to explore…the SOLIDWORKS Auto-Routing function.…This is a fantastic tool for minimizing your work times…and creating quick, simple routes…using options that you've input.…SOLIDWORKS Auto-Routing auto-calculates what it predicts…will be the best routing options…between two points that you select.…To start out let's go ahead and put flanges on the points…that we would like to AutoRoute between.…This time we're going to connect…these two points on these tanks.…So I've turned on the option that auto-starts my route…when I drag a flange on.…So I'm going to come up to my Design Library flange…and drag it right onto my tank.…
I'm going to hit OK for the configuration…and my Route Properties has already come up.…Again, I'm going to leave everything as it is,…because that's definitely good for what we're working with.…And we have a stub length that's been created.…Now let's go ahead and drag our other flange…onto the other tank, click and drop,…and again, going to stay with the same configuration.…
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.