Join Leon van den Heever for an in-depth discussion in this video Assembly overview, part of Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKS.
- Up to this point we have modeled a number of parts…and used a variety of commands and techniques.…What we will turn our attention to next…is to assemble all our parts…into a SolidWorks assembly.…I've placed all the assembly parts…that we will be using in the assembly components…folder found in the lessons folder for easy access.…I have prepared additional models,…which we will be using during the assembly process.…Assemblies were covered in the introduction…to SolidWorks series found here at Lynda.com.…
And if you have not spent much time…in the assembly environment since working through…that series, it would be a good idea to…go through the relevant sections again.…For now, I want to note that what we do…in the assembly environment is to assemble parts…or other assemblies, which are…then referred to as "sub-assemblies."…These parts and sub-assemblies are created…in the Feature Manager in the same way as…Part Features; however, we can call any part…inserted into the assembly a "component."…Assemblies can have their own features,…
AuthorLeon van den Heever
Need a better background in SOLIDWORKS before you can continue? Check out SOLIDWORKS 2014 Essential Training.
- Sketching the flywheel
- Building and cutting the flywheel shafts
- Filleting the flywheels
- Splitting the connecting rod
- Building the sprocket
- Modeling the camshaft
- Combining parts into an assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
1. Flywheel Design
2. Connecting the Rod, Piston, and Sprocket
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.