Learn the difference between animations and basic motion studies.
- [Instructor] So far, we've been working…with animation motion studies…which change the positions of assembly components…by using key points at various times.…Animations use interpolation to define the motion…of components between these key points.…In basic motion studies, on the other hand,…mass, inertia, component interaction and gravity…are taken into account…and the motion is calculated.…The position of components is determined…by the physics of the situation.…
It's important to note that advanced…and mechanical mates are not supported…in basic motion studies…and only standard mates are supported,…so let's take our first look basic motion.…The first thing I'll want to do is navigate…over to my Motion Manager here…and switch my mode from Animation to Basic Motion.…From here we'll just take a quick look…at a example of a simple Plinko game…that has already been generated with both gravity…and body contact.…
I'll just press my play here.…And here I can see the assembly components interacting…with each other and being driven by gravity.…
- Working with MotionManager
- Reviewing common animation terminology
- Using the Animation Wizard to generate animations
- Making complex animations with the click and drag method
- Editing the timeline and views
- Changing display and appearances
- Using scenes and lighting in animations
- Controlling animation with mates
- Physics-based motion
- Creating walkthrough animations
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
Modeling a Bicycle Frame with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever42m 34s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animation Wizard
3. Manual Animations
4. Editing the Timeline and Views
6. Motion Drivers
7. Basic Motion: Physics-Based Motion
8. Cameras and Walkthrough Animations
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.