Join David Antanavige for an in-depth discussion in this video Administration tool, part of Learning SOLIDWORKS PDM.
- [Male Instructor] Throughout this course,…you'll notice that we rely on the…administration tool on SolidWorks PDM…to perform a lot of the settings, tweaks,…user and group definitions, data card edits.…This is really the hub for all of…the settings and components that drives SolidWorks PDM.…What doesn't directly control your…files or your files' structures,…it is what's using the background…to control everything else.…Really quick, we're going to run through…all of the different parts of the…SolidWorks administration tool and in future videos,…we're going to go into specifics for some of these actions.…
I will note if you're using SolidWorks PDM standard,…some of the options that we see here…in the SolidWorks PDM administration tool…are not going to be available to you.…For example, templates are not included…to be controlled by SolidWorks standard.…You have to do it the old fashion way…using SolidWorks templates workflow.…Let's jump into the admin tool and take a look.…You'll notice when I come in,…I haven't accessed any vaults specifically yet.…
- Setting up PDM
- Creating a vault
- Creating users and groups
- Setting permissions
- Working with data cards
- Creating a new project
- Adding files to the vault
- Versioning in PDM
- Working offline and online
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Setup Information
2. Administration Tool
3. PDM interface
4. Starting a New Project in PDM
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.