Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding in a weld table, part of SOLIDWORKS: Weldments.
- Once you've created a drawing inside of SolidWorks…of a weldment, then we might want…to add in a weld table.…To add in a weld table, it's pretty straightforward.…So go up to Insert, come down here to Tables,…and click on Weld Table.…Once you've selected the Weld Table, it's going to…ask us for one of the different views to choose,…and I'm going to choose the isometric view,…and you can look over here, we have a bunch…of different defaults we can choose from,…I'm just going to go ahead and choose…and accept those, click "okay."…And here is my Weld Table.…
Just drop it on your drawing somewhere.…You're noticing, "Hey, there's no welds in there."…Well, that's probably a problem, so we need to go back…and we need to add some welds, because,…when we built this assembly, even though we built…all these mitered corners, we didn't ever add in…the exact welds of where we wanted…these things welded together.…But we do have a table now, so that's a start.…So let's go back to this drawing here,…actually the part, and add in a few welds.…
See how to build assemblies from weldments and add gussets, weld beads, and end caps. Then find out how to automatically generate documentation such as weldment cut lists and weld tables to add to your drawings. To wrap up the course, Gabriel offers tips and tricks for fabricating your finished design, such as using standard-sized materials for quick and easy production.
- What are weldments, and why use them?
- Creating construction planes and sketching in 2D and 3D
- Adding structural members
- Flipping and mirroring
- Working with joints, braces, and brackets
- Creating custom profiles
- Making an assembly from a weldment
- Adding in weld beads
- Creating a basic weldment drawing
- Including a weld table
- Preparing for fabrication
Skill Level Advanced
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Understanding Weldments
2. Structural Members
3. Working with Assemblies
4. Weldments Drawings
Adding in a weld table4m 16s
5. Prepairing for Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.