- Adding weld beads to your design can…give it that finished look, as well as…help document the parts in the drawing.…To do so, I can add weld beads either on the…part level in the weldment or on the assembly level.…So to get started let's go ahead…and open up the weldment part here.…Click on 3.4.1 and go ahead and click on Open.…I'm open that up here and see I've got a few…different places here where I'm gonna add some welds.…So go up to Weld Bead, and what I'm looking for here…is two pairs of faces.…
You can use edges as well but generally…faces seem to work a little bit better.…So as far as my weld selection,…I'm gonna go ahead and choose…some of these faces down here.…So I'm gonna choose this part here…and that face there, and you can see…I've a pink or purplish line here that shows up…showing where that weld is gonna be placed.…Now welds are only allowed to be placed…between two components at a time.…So I can continue choosing faces here,…and continue that weld all the way…around this part here.…
I do want to point out though,…
See how to build assemblies from weldments and add gussets, weld beads, and end caps. Then find out how to automatically generate documentation such as weldment cut lists and weld tables to add to your drawings. To wrap up the course, Gabriel offers tips and tricks for fabricating your finished design, such as using standard-sized materials for quick and easy production.
- What are weldments, and why use them?
- Creating construction planes and sketching in 2D and 3D
- Adding structural members
- Flipping and mirroring
- Working with joints, braces, and brackets
- Creating custom profiles
- Making an assembly from a weldment
- Adding in weld beads
- Creating a basic weldment drawing
- Including a weld table
- Preparing for fabrication
Skill Level Advanced
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Understanding Weldments
2. Structural Members
3. Working with Assemblies
4. Weldments Drawings
Adding in a weld table4m 16s
5. Prepairing for Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.