Join Leon van den Heever for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding subassemblies, part of Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKS.
- With the sub-assembly from the previous video…now in place, we can go ahead and…add it to the top-level assembly.…With the top-level assembly open, you can either…use the one that you started or I have saved a…version in the lesson folder in…chapter three as 03-04-add-sub-assemblies.…Feel free to use either of those.…Let's insert components, we will browse…for the piston and cam shaft assembly.…
And make sure you pin the property dialog…and place a second instance as well…and then okay to complete the command.…Make sure that this cam shaft piston assembly has…the cam shaft triangular flange pointing…to the front of the assembly.…You can use the Move with Triad command if needed.…This is found on the right mouse button or you…could simply flip the Mate you intend to use.…Now let's Mate this piston concentric to this conrod.…
And let's make the piston parallel to a horizontal…face on the conrod and I'll use…this cannibal face for our purpose.…Now let's use a with Mate from the Mate command…found under the Advanced Mate section to correctly…
AuthorLeon van den Heever
Need a better background in SOLIDWORKS before you can continue? Check out SOLIDWORKS 2014 Essential Training.
- Sketching the flywheel
- Building and cutting the flywheel shafts
- Filleting the flywheels
- Splitting the connecting rod
- Building the sprocket
- Modeling the camshaft
- Combining parts into an assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
1. Flywheel Design
2. Connecting the Rod, Piston, and Sprocket
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.