Learn about the addition of specific angled slopes to your existing assemblies.
- [Instructor] Slants and slopes can be added to your existing pipe segments using the add slope option. Let's use this pipe segment over here to try adding a slope to our assembly. So as normal we're going to click on the segment that we would like to start with. Go over to the sub assembly, right click on it, and click on Edit Route. Now we're going to click on the segment that we'd like to add the slope to. I'm going to right click on that and then go down to the Add Slope option.
Now you can see over here in the Slope Segments area we have this Line3 selected. However if you'd like to add additional segments to that you could, or switch segments at this point that is also an option. So now we're going to go down to the Gravity Plane selection. This is going to be something that our slope is going to be made relative to. So for us we're going to go over to this dropdown and select on our Top Plane. This will let us make up and down angles very easily. And we're now going to go over and select our Start Point of our slope.
So I'm going to select the end of this segment, and I'm going to close up this dropdown, make it a little easier to see, and you'll see that this yellow line preview has occurred. That is a preview of where the slope will be made. So down here you can easily go and change the angle of that yellow line. So let's change that to four degrees. And you can see instantly that it's updated and is now going further up. Since I'm happy with this slope I'm going to click okay.
And after I exit out of my sketch you can see that the pipe is updated and is now going at this four degree slope that I imputed. Now if you wanted to edit that you can still do that. Just go ahead and go back into your route, select Edit Route. You can see the four degrees right here is a dimension that's been added. And you can right click and go to Edit Slope or Remove Slope completely, and then you can delete that from what you have already created. But now you have created a slope in your pipe which will allow you to create necessary angles beyond the 90 degree angles that are created normally in your auto route functions.
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes