Learn about the addition of specific angled slopes to your existing assemblies.
- [Instructor] Slants and slopes can be added…to your existing pipe segments using the add slope option.…Let's use this pipe segment over here…to try adding a slope to our assembly.…So as normal we're going…to click on the segment that we would like to start with.…Go over to the sub assembly, right click on it,…and click on Edit Route.…Now we're going to click on the segment that we'd like…to add the slope to.…I'm going to right click on that and then go down…to the Add Slope option.…
Now you can see over here…in the Slope Segments area we have this Line3 selected.…However if you'd like to add additional segments…to that you could,…or switch segments at this point that is also an option.…So now we're going to go down to the Gravity Plane selection.…This is going to be something that our slope is going…to be made relative to.…So for us we're going to go over to this dropdown…and select on our Top Plane.…This will let us make up and down angles very easily.…And we're now going to go over…and select our Start Point of our slope.…
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.