- Once you have a weldment part…it's easy to create an assembly using that part.…Then I can bring in other parts…that are other weldments, or individual parts…that we've brought in from SolidWorks…using any of the other SolidWorks packages…like sheet metal, surfaces, you name it.…We can build an assembly of just about anything.…To get started here's my first part,…which is 3.2.1 and it's just a simple weldment…that's created by using some two inch tubing.…Now I'm gonna create an assembly from that,…so click on file, click on make assembly from part.…Go ahead and choose 3.2.1 and start the assembly.…
Now I'm gonna go and click on window,…tile horizontally, and you can see the other parts…I have open and if you don't have these parts…open already, go ahead and open up 3.2.2N.3.…Then I want to go ahead and drag these…into my assembly, so click on the part…and just drag it in.…Click on this part here and just…go ahead and drag that in.…I'm gonna expand that window back out…and you can see here's the parts all ready to go.…
See how to build assemblies from weldments and add gussets, weld beads, and end caps. Then find out how to automatically generate documentation such as weldment cut lists and weld tables to add to your drawings. To wrap up the course, Gabriel offers tips and tricks for fabricating your finished design, such as using standard-sized materials for quick and easy production.
- What are weldments, and why use them?
- Creating construction planes and sketching in 2D and 3D
- Adding structural members
- Flipping and mirroring
- Working with joints, braces, and brackets
- Creating custom profiles
- Making an assembly from a weldment
- Adding in weld beads
- Creating a basic weldment drawing
- Including a weld table
- Preparing for fabrication
Skill Level Advanced
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Understanding Weldments
2. Structural Members
3. Working with Assemblies
4. Weldments Drawings
Adding in a weld table4m 16s
5. Prepairing for Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.