Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding lighting, part of SOLIDWORKS: Visualize.
- [Instructor] Each scene or each environment…already has predefined lights in there…that give you the look that you're seeing right here.…Now we the option of adding new lights,…if you'd like to.…So to go down here and click on New Light…under any of the environments.…Click, go there.…And then again, we're going to be modifying this…Chrome Studio environment.…So we're going to be adding that new light in.…And that new light shows up right down here…at the bottom.…So you click on your light.…Now I have the ability to double-click on that…and position the light however I'd like.…So I have light number one.…
And it is enabled.…I can select the type of light.…Whether a point light, directional light, or spot light.…And I can control the brightness of it.…So you can see how's I'm moving that scrollbar…back and forth.…I'm going to give couple different options…as far as how that's looking.…So I'm going to go over here for the Fast render…so you get a little bit quicker view of what's happening.…And notice, it's really highlighting quite a bit now.…
- Navigating SOLIDWORKS Visualize
- Using selection tools
- Applying materials
- Adding a scene, a backplate, and lighting
- Rendering from multiple cameras
- Adding configurations
- Removing the background
- Rendering an animation
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Basic Navigation
4. Configurations and Groups
5. Image Output
Setting up an animation4m 16s
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.