This video covers methods for adding hems to a sheet metal part.
- [Voiceover] In this example we're gonna be working…through question number six of the sample exam.…And what they'd like us to do is to remove these holes…from the ends and then add a Hem to either side…and then change some of the values in the equations.…So the first thing I wanna do is take the history bar…or the rollback bar and roll that back…before the first Mirror feature.…Now I have only one quarter of my part.…Then go over here and click on Cut feature number one…and go ahead and suppress that.…Now we wanna go ahead and create a Hem.…So go ahead up here to Hem.…Choose that inside surface.…
And over here we wanna type in 10 millimeters.…As far as our gap we're typing one.…And K-Factor looks fine.…Custom Relief Type we can go down here…and modify it if we'd like to.…Extend, or Rip, or Tear, you got any options…you wanna use there but let's go ahead…and just leave it as the default one.…And then click on Edit Hem Width.…And what I wanna do is bring this in…a little bit so that it clears that part.…First thing I wanna do is as far as the profiles…
In this course, Gabriel Corbett prepares you to take the CSWPA-SM exam. Gabriel begins by covering the exam requirements and sharing testing techniques. He then dives into specific, relevant concepts that will refresh your knowledge and prepare you to pass the test, including how to work with edge flanges, miter flanges, hems, jogs, flat patterns, bend tables, and custom properties. He also shows how to build several of the parts from the sample exam, and takes you through building, modifying, and verifying a model.
- Exam taking techniques
- Sheet metal tools
- Bending calculations using K-Factor, bend deduction, and bend allowance
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal tool
- Sheet metal cut list properties
- Modeling a sheet metal part from a drawing
- Updating dimensions/equations
- Creating flat patterns
- Adding hems
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready for the CSWPA-SM Exam
2. Sheet Metal Tools
3. Sample Exam Questions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.