Learn how we can add the effects of gravity and contact within a SOLIDWORKS animation.
- [Instructor] So let's take a look…at creating our first basic motion animation…using this Plinko example.…So the first thing I'd like to do,…jump into my motion manager here.…Over to the left, switch from animation…to basic motion.…Once I've done that, before I even get started,…one thing I might want to change…is kind of the settings or the options…within the basic motions.…If I now get over to this gear wheel icon,…I have the motion study properties.…
So here I just have a few options or settings…I can change,…so how many frames per second,…maybe I'd like to increase this,…let's say 30 or so.…As well as the geometry accuracy…and 3D contact resolution,…and I can change this accuracy…to be a higher or a lower value,…so maybe I'm gonna increase the accuracy here.…So that's gonna make my motion more accurate,…but of course that's gonna take…a little bit more calculation time as well.…
And it is important to note here…that basic motion studies are not exact,…and are in fact approximations.…So this is why increasing…these accuracy slide bars may be useful.…
- Working with MotionManager
- Reviewing common animation terminology
- Using the Animation Wizard to generate animations
- Making complex animations with the click and drag method
- Editing the timeline and views
- Changing display and appearances
- Using scenes and lighting in animations
- Controlling animation with mates
- Physics-based motion
- Creating walkthrough animations
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
Modeling a Bicycle Frame with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever42m 34s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animation Wizard
3. Manual Animations
4. Editing the Timeline and Views
6. Motion Drivers
7. Basic Motion: Physics-Based Motion
8. Cameras and Walkthrough Animations
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.