Join Gabriel Corbett for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding in fillets, part of SOLIDWORKS: Surfacing.
- Surface fillets operate much in the same way as…regular fillets do, with a few more options…to make them very powerful.…If I go up to my surfacing toolbar…and go over to fillets,…I can see I've got my standard different types…like I do normally,…which is constant size, variable size, face fillet,…or a full round fillet.…Now I can choose individual edges to fillet,…as well as adding in some different parameters.…So I can adjust the radius itself,…and I can also change the profile.…By default using a circular profile,…but I also have the option to use this conic row,…as well as a conic radius.…
And if you choose those it gives you the option to…type in that radius or whatever that row value is,…so pretty cool things you can do there…that you can't normally do.…Setback parameters allows you to adjust the look…and feel and distance of that fillet,…as well as these other options here,…that allows us to either keep edges…or keep surfaces while we're filleting them.…So a couple options you can turn on or off,…if you want to.…
- Defining planes for surface creation
- Creating splines and 3D curves
- Making revolved surfaces
- Building boundary and lofted surfaces
- Offsetting a surface
- Trimming and untrimming surfaces
- Adding fillets
- Fixing corners
- Deleting, moving, and replacing faces
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Sketching for Surfaces
2. Surface Creation Tools
3. Surface Modifiers
4. Using Surfaces with Solids
5. Direct Editing Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.