Join David Antanavige for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding files to the vault, part of Learning SOLIDWORKS PDM.
- [Instructor] At this point in the process we want…to begin adding files to our PDM vault.…So let's go ahead and do that.…Here on my desktop you see I've got a design library.…This is a folder of parts that I've been building…over the years and I kind of transfer it…with me from job to job.…It's only about 3 1/2 gigs large right now.…So not too big, but its got a lot of information in it.…So let's see about moving this whole folder…and all these files down into our vault.…So we start by clicking on our PDM vault…and signing in.…
You notice here that just our first folder…from before is available.…So I'm going to go ahead and go over to my design library.…Right click, hit copy, go in here.…First, left click to activate the white area.…Right click and hit paste.…Now here you'll notice…that there's a new copying files window that comes up.…This is linked into the PDM.…It looks a little more traditional…and not really Windows seven-esque, if you will,…or Windows ten-esque, but goes back to an older version…of the copy window, but you can tell here…
- Setting up PDM
- Creating a vault
- Creating users and groups
- Setting permissions
- Working with data cards
- Creating a new project
- Adding files to the vault
- Versioning in PDM
- Working offline and online
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Setup Information
2. Administration Tool
3. PDM interface
4. Starting a New Project in PDM
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.