Learn methods for cutting across bends in SOLIDWORKS.
- [Instructor] In this video, I wanna be showing you…how to create a feature that cuts across a bend,…and we can create a tab or something like this.…So here's my example, part of what we're gonna be creating…in this video, let's actually close this one down,…and here's my initial state.…So the first thing I wanna do is I wanna create a cut…across this bend here.…So let's go ahead and start a sketch on the box.…Click over here, let's start a sketch,…and I'm gonna create a rectangle.…Let's go ahead and snap that rectangle…to the start of the bend and to the end of the part.…Now a quick and easy way to do this…is using a center line I can snap to that origin…and then snap it to the mid point of that…and go ahead and make that horizontal…and go ahead and just define the width.…
So I'm gonna type in 1.5,…actually let's go a little bit bigger, let's go two inches,…2.0 there it is.…Let's go ahead and do a feature extruded cut,…and we wanna make sure we're cutting…completely across this bend.…So we can do that a couple of different ways.…
First, review the sheet metal tools in SOLIDWORKS and the properties that make sheet metal unique: bend radius, K-factor, bend deduction, gauge thickness, and more. Then learn how to create basic parts, with base features, flanges, and bends that add strength and connections. Find out how to flatten parts and add holes, cuts, and corners that are manufacturing ready, and use the Convert to Sheet Metal command to convert imported geometry into native sheet metal parts. Gabriel also shows you how to create assemblies from multiple parts, use the Pattern and Mirrors tools to effortlessly duplicate existing work, and then document your designs with detailed sheet metal drawings. Watch the bonus videos to learn about the different machinery and processes that occur during manufacturing.
- Sheet metal tools in SOLIDWORKS
- Sheet metal manufacturing: Laser cutting, CNC machining, welding, and more
- Creating base features
- Creating flanges and tabs
- Making cuts and corners
- Using the Convert to Sheet Metal command
- Building multi-body parts
- Creating forming tools
- Forming across a bend
- Building an assembly
- Creating parts in an assembly
- Creating sheet metal drawings
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Weldmentswith Gabriel Corbett1h 26m Intermediate
1. Interface and Sheet Metal Basics
2. Sheet Metal Flanges
3. Sheet Metal Cuts and Corners
4. Converting to Sheet Metal
5. Multibody Parts
6. Forming Tools
7. Sheet Metal Assemblies
8. Sheet Metal Drawings
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.