Join Leon van den Heever for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding camshaft gears, part of Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKS.
- Next we need to add our camshaft…gears to all the camshafts.…Again with our top-level assembly open insert…components and browse for the cam gear auto part…and go ahead and open that.…Now we will add a single instance only to the graphics view…even though we do need more, but we will make use…of the Copy with Mates command…to speed up our assembling process.…Let's get this gear into position using the Mate command.…
Make these two faces concentric and flip alignment,…then add a Coincident Mate to these two faces.…Let's make two of the drilled…holes concentric to the flange.…And we should now have all three holes lined up.…
If all is good, okay to complete the command.…Next we will copy this gear with…Mates to the other camshafts.…So select the gear, select the Copy with Mates command…and notice that as you select the selection box…you can see in the graphics view the mated faces.…And all you need to do is select the…corresponding faces on the relevant camshaft.…Now I'll get this one established.…
And that is looking good so I'll leave it to you…
AuthorLeon van den Heever
Need a better background in SOLIDWORKS before you can continue? Check out SOLIDWORKS 2014 Essential Training.
- Sketching the flywheel
- Building and cutting the flywheel shafts
- Filleting the flywheels
- Splitting the connecting rod
- Building the sprocket
- Modeling the camshaft
- Combining parts into an assembly
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Sheet Metal Design with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
Up and Running with eDrawingswith Gabriel Corbett1h 14m Beginner
1. Flywheel Design
2. Connecting the Rod, Piston, and Sprocket
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.