You can keep multiple year versions of SW. In this video, walk through how to do this and avoid updating an existing copy.
- [Instructor] SolidWorks also gives you the ability…to have multiple year versions…of SolidWorks running on one machine.…This can be helpful when you're dealing…with multiple different vendors,…customers, collaborators,…partners, and maybe they all…have different versions than you,…so for example, my company might be running SolidWorks 2017,…but we might have a partner who only has 2018 available…to them, and maybe we are collaborating on a design…and we need to have full functionality of the feature tree.…
We're gonna need to have…that version because it's not gonna be backwards compatible.…We'll be able to open it,…but it'll just come up as a body…and we won't have the feature tree,…so that's just one scenario where this becomes helpful.…So let's run through the process…of adding an additional seat…or version of SolidWorks to our location.…Now, just to be clear,…that's gonna be another version of SolidWorks,…that doesn't mean that…you're using another license of SolidWorks.…So your license, as long as it has the ability to,…
- Installing SOLIDWORKS from an online resource or disc image
- Upgrading SOLIDWORKS
- Copying settings
- Activating and transferring the license
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Home Use License (HUL)
- Installing SOLIDWORKS PDM and other products
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Performance Tuningwith David Antanavige1h 31m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Managing the Design Librarywith Elise Moss1h 1m Intermediate
1. SOLIDWORKS Standalone
2. SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
3. SOLIDWORKS HUL Install
Install process1m 8s
4. Installing Other SOLIDWORKS Products
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.