- In this video, we're going to be going through…and adding a cut list to this drawing.…Now we're starting off from where we left off…in the last moive, and you can see here…I've got a top view, I've got a front…and righthand view as well as an isometric view.…And we want to just add a cut list…so we know which pieces are in this model…and how long they are.…So go up here to Insert, Tables…and come all the way down here to Weldment Cut List.…So to do that, I'm going to choose one of the models…in the view to add the cut list to.…
And I normally like to choose the isometric view.…Once you've done that, you've got a couple choices here.…You can choose the template, you can choose configurations…if you had some, the numbers you want to start at,…the borders, stuff like that.…I'm just going to use the defaults and click on OK…and place that cut list right there.…And notice you're saying, hey, obviously I can see…there's quite a few pieces here,…but there's nothing in my cut list.…What's going on?…Let's go back to the model and fix that up.…
See how to build assemblies from weldments and add gussets, weld beads, and end caps. Then find out how to automatically generate documentation such as weldment cut lists and weld tables to add to your drawings. To wrap up the course, Gabriel offers tips and tricks for fabricating your finished design, such as using standard-sized materials for quick and easy production.
- What are weldments, and why use them?
- Creating construction planes and sketching in 2D and 3D
- Adding structural members
- Flipping and mirroring
- Working with joints, braces, and brackets
- Creating custom profiles
- Making an assembly from a weldment
- Adding in weld beads
- Creating a basic weldment drawing
- Including a weld table
- Preparing for fabrication
Skill Level Advanced
SOLIDWORKS 2013-2017: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 55m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS Rendering with PhotoView 360with Gabriel Corbett1h 50m Intermediate
Designing a Sheet Metal Enclosure with SOLIDWORKSwith Gabriel Corbett2h 31m Intermediate
1. Understanding Weldments
2. Structural Members
3. Working with Assemblies
4. Weldments Drawings
Adding in a weld table4m 16s
5. Prepairing for Fabrication
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.