In this video, explore how to install and then turn on and off add-ins for SOLIDWORKS.
- [Instructor] One of the things you're gonna wanna verify…as part of your SOLIDWORKS installation process,…is checking what add-ins you have installed and enabled…on each SOLIDWORKS C.…So let's jump in on how to check that, in SOLIDWORKS here,…I'm gonna go to the triangle dropdown here,…and click on Add-ins, you can see here it lists…all of my SOLIDWORKS Premium Add-ins,…so these include things like PhotoView, SOLIDWORKS Motion,…SOLIDWORKS Routing, if I had PDM installed on this system…that would also be listed here.…
But then we also have outside add-ins that are available,…so you can see here, I've got one,…a free add-in from Xometry installed,…which gives me the ability to do instant quoting.…So I'm just gonna click OK, and you can see over in the tab…this add-in is listed right here,…and I have to use my email and password from Xometry…to initiate it, but it's built right into SOLIDWORKS…and I can do instant quoting with them here.…So let's run through the process…of adding another add-in into SOLIDWORKS,…
- Installing SOLIDWORKS from an online resource or disc image
- Upgrading SOLIDWORKS
- Copying settings
- Activating and transferring the license
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
- Installing a SOLIDWORKS Home Use License (HUL)
- Installing SOLIDWORKS PDM and other products
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Associatewith Gabriel Corbett1h 44m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Performance Tuningwith David Antanavige1h 31m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Managing the Design Librarywith Elise Moss1h 1m Intermediate
1. SOLIDWORKS Standalone
2. SOLIDWORKS Network License (SNL)
3. SOLIDWORKS HUL Install
Install process1m 8s
4. Installing Other SOLIDWORKS Products
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.