Join David Antanavige for an in-depth discussion in this video Activation, part of Learning SOLIDWORKS PDM.
- [Instructor] Now that we've completed…our SOLIDWORKS PDM Database and Archive Server installation,…including the SQL server,…let's go ahead and initiate…the SOLIDWORKS Network License Server.…So we can find that by going down to our Start menu,…scrolling down to SOLIDWORKS Tools,…and you see here I've got…SOLIDWORKS Network License Manager Server for 2017.…I'm going to go ahead and turn that on.…It says here that this network license…doesn't exist yet for the serial number…because we have to activate it.…
So I'm going to go ahead and activate it now.…This is all done over the internet.…You can also load a file,…but typically now everybody does this through the internet.…So you just say go ahead and click Next.…Again, we're not going to do it through email,…we're going to do it automatically through internet,…so we keep that option checked,…similar to all the other activations and deactivations…we do with SOLIDWORKS products.…We have to put in our contact info, as always,…in case there's any issues.…
So you can see it's reaching out to the servers…
- Setting up PDM
- Creating a vault
- Creating users and groups
- Setting permissions
- Working with data cards
- Creating a new project
- Adding files to the vault
- Versioning in PDM
- Working offline and online
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Setup Information
2. Administration Tool
3. PDM interface
4. Starting a New Project in PDM
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.