Learn about using the Tab key to switch planer directions, and about using Window, Viewport, and Four View.
- [Instructor] Before we start drawing piping routes,…there is a tool we need to explore…and understand: 3D Sketching.…You're probably familiar with 2D Sketching in SolidWorks…and this is similar, but allows us to move away…from sketching in just one plane.…So to take a look at a 3D sketch,…let's start by opening up a new assembly…from our exercise files that has a number…of tanks that all need connecting.…So we'll start by opening the Exercise folder,…going in to Chapter 2, 02_01,…and then we're going to unzip these files,…hit extract; open the 02_01_Pipe Routes file.…
So now let's take a look at this assembly.…There's a series of tanks,…so we can easily connect using routing.…For your reference, these tanks came…from the piping design library.…You can see this completed piping here.…This was created using Auto Routing.…Now if you look down the center of these pipes,…you can see a sketch that was drawn.…This is what we looked at in the design tree earlier,…which we'll open up here now;…and it's actually the route sketch.…
AuthorErin Rochelle Winick
- Sketching pipe in 3D
- Routing and auto-routing pipe
- Splitting and deleting pipe
- Adding weld gaps, slope, and penetration points
- Preparing pipe drawings
- Sketching and routing tubes
Skill Level Beginner
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Sheet Metal Designwith Gabriel Corbett2h 56m Intermediate
Cert Prep: Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionalwith Gabriel Corbett2h 53m Intermediate
Cert Prep: SOLIDWORKS Sheet Metalwith Gabriel Corbett1h 34m Intermediate
1. Routing Basics
2. Making Pipes
3. Editing Pipes
4. Adding Other Components
5. Pipe Drawings
6. Tube Routes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.