Learn about machining 2D contours.
- [Instructor] There are several methods…for creating a contour inside HSM Express.…First one I want to point out is if I come up here…to 2D milling.…Come down here to 2D contour,…which is that one.…Let's go ahead and choose that 5/8 end mill…we've been using before.…Here it is right here.…Go ahead and select that tool.…Click on SELECT.…Come here to the geometry, and let's go ahead…and choose this bottom edge right here.…And notice it automatically chooses the entire chain.…So we're going to be going around the outside of our part.…Now if you remember from the Adaptive Clearing Video…we've already removed most of the material around…the outside of this part.…
But that's a roughing operation…so it doesn't look very good right now.…Now we're going to go ahead and clean that up…so we have a nice clean finish at the end of the day.…Alright, so we're going to use that edge…come over here, as far as our depth or heights…right down here I'm going to say from the contour,…but I'd actually like to go a little bit deeper…
- Loading models and assemblies
- Stock setup
- Choosing the WCS and running multiple parts at once
- Building custom tools
- Running a drilling operation
- 2D milling operations
- Modifying your post processor
- Simulating the milling operations
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Essential Trainingwith Gabriel Corbett6h 10m Intermediate
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
1. HSMXpress Job Setup
2. Tools/Tool Library
3. Drilling Operations
4. 2D Milling Operations
5. Simulation and Post Processing
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.