The shift to mobile SEO has changed the way business is done online. Learn how mobile is shifting SEO.
- We've been going through the significant change with SEO where mobile has become more important. People are using their phones to search for things all the time now and in any kind of environment, rather than in the past when they might have been doing it at work or on lunch breaks or when they got home from work. So it's really crucial that you assure that your content is mobile friendly, because Google's starting to reward you more for that when people are doing these mobile searches, which are more than half the searches now that Google handles. The other changes that may come down the line is these continuing questions of whether or not you need to have apps, whether you want to start making use of things like progressive web apps, or whether you want to make sure of things like AMP.
And to be honest, a lot of this stuff is still kind of a confused state of mind right now. I don't know that you have to have the exact answer as much as you're just kind of watching and seeing where it seems to go and making the decisions that are best for your own business. Some businesses really do need to have the apps. Other businesses might be all right without as long as you've ensured that your mobile content is still going to work well for the visitors who are absolutely going to be coming to you on mobile devices. If you're trying to understand whether or not your site needs help when it comes to mobile, Google has a mobile friendly tool that you can use.
You can put in your URLs, your website address, and it will tell you if you're friendly or not. And if you're not, it's something you really should be thinking about changing, both because you're going to do better in Google and you're probably going to do better by more and more of your customers who are likely using their mobile devices.
In this course, he explains what SEO is, touches on the history and evolution of the practice, and provides technical, content, and search strategies that help you bolster your online presence. Danny also explains how to connect SEO to other business activities, identifies the skills that matter in SEO, and looks at upcoming trends, including mobile, machine learning, and search bots.
- Understanding how search engines work
- Connecting SEO to other business activities
- Improving results with video, news, and local content
- Recognizing the skills that matter in SEO
- Looking at upcoming industry trends