Ad blocking has changed the way advertisers reach consumers. Learn about the relationship between ad-blocking software and SEO.
- View Offline
- Some people wonder if ad blocking is going to have an impact on SEO and paid search. It doesn't. Typically the ad blockers are not going to block ads on search result pages, because those ads are not presented as if they're images or in ways that can be easily blocked. So, we just haven't seen that. In the future, it's possible that they could do that from occasion, time-to-time, you have tools that have been designed to strip out ads or change ads in search result pages. I think that you will find that, if that sort of thing happens, Google, in particular, will work very strongly to prevent those tools from interacting with their pages.
Because they simply make too much money off of them.
In this course, he explains what SEO is, touches on the history and evolution of the practice, and provides technical, content, and search strategies that help you bolster your online presence. Danny also explains how to connect SEO to other business activities, identifies the skills that matter in SEO, and looks at upcoming trends, including mobile, machine learning, and search bots.
- Understanding how search engines work
- Connecting SEO to other business activities
- Improving results with video, news, and local content
- Recognizing the skills that matter in SEO
- Looking at upcoming industry trends