Learn about Danny’s company, Search Engine Land.
- Search Engine Land has been running for over 10 years now. It's our site that is designed to cover all things that are going on in the world of search, and in particular, in SEO and SEM. We have a big staff that's involved with it in covering the various areas of SEM, SEO, mobile and local. And it's just really designed for people who love search. We were obsessed by it. We love it. We can see all sorts of marketing publications that go on out there, where sometimes search is kind of put off into a corner.
I date myself, but I always go back to Dirty Dancing when he says "Nobody puts Baby in a corner." And that's the way we view Search Engine Land. It's like no one puts search in a corner. We pull it out and put it on stage and it jumps and flies over your head. And you should probably go watch Dirty Dancing after that too.
In this course, he explains what SEO is, touches on the history and evolution of the practice, and provides technical, content, and search strategies that help you bolster your online presence. Danny also explains how to connect SEO to other business activities, identifies the skills that matter in SEO, and looks at upcoming trends, including mobile, machine learning, and search bots.
- Understanding how search engines work
- Connecting SEO to other business activities
- Improving results with video, news, and local content
- Recognizing the skills that matter in SEO
- Looking at upcoming industry trends