Join Jordan Bakerman for an in-depth discussion in this video Demo: Writing a program in SAS Studio, part of SAS Programming for R Users, Part 1.
- Let's go ahead and create our first program.…To get a new program tab, go up to the top right…and select the tab with the seven dots, New Options,…and click New SAS Program or…you can also click F4 on your keyboard.…In R, we generally pass a data frame matrix…or a vector to a function to analyze it.…In SAS, we're actually going to…apply a procedure to a data table.…To begin a procedure, we'll start with the key word, proc,…and you'll notice as I'm typing…the context help pops up, and in this case it says,…"Syntax, PROC procedure-name begins a proc step."…To tell it what procedure we want to use,…we'll just name the procedure.…
In this case, let's go ahead and just…print the cars data set that we just looked at.…So I'm going to use the PRINT procedure.…And again, the context help changes again,…and it notices I'm doing the PRINT procedure.…It gives us a little bit more syntax.…BY statements, ID statements,…SUM statements, VAR statements,…and you can think of statements just as…additional arguments to your procedure.…
Note: You can visit the SAS site to obtain a copy of the software, and use the company's online data sets to do the course exercises.
- SAS University Edition
- Working in SAS Studio
- Using tasks and snippets in SAS Studio
- Determining power using simulation
- SAS procedure syntax
- Creating datasets manually in the DATA step
- Importing raw data files
- Creating new variables and conditional processing
- Match-merging data sets
Skill Level Beginner
Descriptive Healthcare Analytics in Rwith Monika Wahi4h 15m Advanced
1. Introduction and Working in SAS
2. Importing and Reporting Data
3. Creating New Variables, Functions, and Data Tables
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.