Ruby Essential Training
In Ruby Essential Training, expert instructor Kevin Skoglund teaches the fundamentals of Ruby, the popular object-oriented open-source programming language. Kevin begins by walking through the basic data types, demonstrating Ruby's control structures (loops, iterators, conditionals, and code blocks) and showcasing the elegant syntax structure of the language. Kevin explains variable scope and shows how to use methods, arguments, and return values to write efficient code. After covering the fundamentals, Kevin focuses on Ruby's object-oriented features. He shows how to define classes and explores OOP concepts, including instances, attributes, access control, and inheritance. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Using Ruby in the Interactive Ruby Shell and in standalone scripts
- Learning to write custom code blocks to find, merge, and sort
- Using modules for namespacing or as mix-ins
- Reading from and writing to files
- Creating a full Ruby project from start to finish
(Music playing.) Welcome to Ruby Essential Training. My name is Kevin Skoglund. I run a web development company called Nova Fabrica, where we develop websites and web applications. In this course, we are going to learn to program using Ruby, the popular object-oriented programming language. To begin with, we will examine the basic object types in Ruby, as well as the fundamentals of the language syntax. We will learn how object-oriented programming works and I'll walk you through the steps to enable you to read and to write to files from your code.
Finally, we'll get practical hands- on experience using Ruby by building a restaurant guide for managing your favorite restaurants. Now, it doesn't matter if you're a beginner or if you have prior experience. We'll cover all the fundamentals you need and many more advanced concepts as well. If you're interested in website development, you will end with a solid foundation in Ruby that will make learning Ruby on Rails much easier. Let's get started learning how to program with Ruby.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Ruby Essential Training .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: You mention e-texteditor.com as a place to get a Windows "sister" version of TextMate. However, e-texteditor.com looks like a Chinese auto website. Are there any other alternatives?
- A: E-texteditor.com appears to have gone out of business. On Windows, you should use Sublime (http://www.sublimetext.com/) or Notepad++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org/) instead.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
Ruby on Rails 4 Essential Training1,369,384 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals6,728,971 Views
Git Essential Training2,578,682 Views
Python 3 Essential Training2,025,899 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training999,394 Views
HTML Essential Training3,250,120 Views
Foundations of Programming: Object-Oriented Design3,170,273 Views