- [Instructor] In this movie, we'll talk about…how to work with the data format called YAML.…Y.A M.L.is an abbreviation that stands for…YAML Ain't Markup Language.…It's a bit of a programmer joke,…because YAML is at the beginning of it,…so what does the first YAML stand for?…Well, it also stands for YAML Ain't Markup Language,…and so on.…If you want to find out more about YAML, there is a website,…yaml.org, that can give you more information.…Here I am on the YAML website as it looks today,…and you can see that there are actually demonstrating…what the YAML markup language looks like on their page.…
So this gives you a good flavor for what YAML looks like.…Simply put, YAML is a human-friendly…data serialization standard.…It's often used for configuration files.…It's a very simple way to structure a file…so that you can then find that data…and find out what the various settings have been set to.…No, in the Ruby Standard Library,…there are two different options for YAML.…There's one that's called YAML, and you might be tempted…
- File system basics
- Writing to and reading from files
- Renaming, deleting, and copying files
- Creating and editing directories
- Working with common data formats
- ERB templating
Skill Level Beginner
Ruby on Rails 5 Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund10h 21m Beginner
1. The File System
2. Work with Files
3. Work with Directories
4. Common Data Formats
5. ERB Templating
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.