Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need to know, part of Ruby: Files, Formats, Templates.
- [Instructor] There are a few things that I'm going to expect you to know when you take this course. This course is the third part in a series. So the first part, Ruby Essential Training 1, covers the basics, that is writing scripts, the basic object types in Ruby, conditionals, loops, and how to write custom methods with arguments and return values. In part two, we talked about classes and modules, how to use the object-oriented programming part of Ruby. We learned about classes and instances, instance variables, attributes, and methods, and class variables, attributes, and methods.
We also learned about object inheritance and how to use modules for namespacing or mixins. We won't be using all of the techniques from those courses, but they are a good place to make sure that you have the fundamentals of Ruby down before we dive in and start learning about files and directories. Once you're confident in those skills, you'll be ready to learn how to use Ruby with files and directories.
- File system basics
- Writing to and reading from files
- Renaming, deleting, and copying files
- Creating and editing directories
- Working with common data formats
- ERB templating
Skill Level Beginner
Ruby on Rails 5 Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund10h 21m Beginner
1. The File System
2. Work with Files
3. Work with Directories
4. Common Data Formats
5. ERB Templating
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.