Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need to know, part of Ruby: Classes and Modules.
- [Instructor] In this course, there are a few things that you're going to be expected to already know. This course is the second in a series, and the first course is Ruby Essential Training 1: The Basics, so this course is going to assume that you already have those same skills, that you already know Ruby's object types, that you know the basics of working with conditional statements and loops, and that you can define custom methods on your own and write Ruby scripts. Those concepts are all covered in part one. If you've already taken that course or if you already have those skills, then you'll have everything that you already need to know.
If not, spend some time going back and learning the basics before you start trying to learn classes and modules.
- Defining a custom class
- Working with instances of a class
- Class and instance attributes and methods
- Class inheritance
- Working with dates and times
- Using modules as namespaces and mixins
- Raising and handling exceptions
Skill Level Beginner
2. Class Attributes and Methods
4. Dates and Times
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.