- Installing Ruby
- Examining each object type
- Using conditionals and loops to trigger and repeat code
- Scripting in Ruby
- Writing custom code blocks
Skill Level Beginner
- [Kevin] You can use Ruby to write interactive programs or to create scripts that perform common tasks. Ruby's also the programming language used by the popular Ruby on Rails web framework. It's a great place to begin your path to becoming a programmer or a web developer. Even experienced programmers will find Ruby's power and usability appealing. In this course, you'll learn the basics of programming with Ruby, the popular, easy-to-use programming language. You'll learn Ruby step by step, using code examples. We'll begin by exploring basic object types, and progress to writing custom methods with loops and conditional logic.
I'm Kevin Skoglund, and I've been programming in Ruby for over 13 years, and I still love it just as much as when I started. Let's learn the essentials of programming in Ruby.
1. Get Started with Ruby
2. Ruby Object Types
3. Control Structures
4. Ruby Scripting
5. Enumerables and Code Blocks
6. Custom Methods
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.