Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Ruby: Files, Formats, Templates.
- [Kevin] Thank you for taking Ruby Essential Training,…Part Three, Files, Formats, and Templates with me.…My hope is that through this course…you discover that working with files in Ruby…is pretty simple, but rather powerful.…Files can provide a simple data storage solution,…they allow importing and exporting data…to allow integration with other systems,…and they can help to automate routine tasks,…like mail merging.…Or you might just use them…for making application configuration easier.…Whatever your needs may be, I hope you now have…the tools to work with files, formats,…and templates in Ruby.…
I look forward to seeing what you can create.…Until then, happy coding!…
- File system basics
- Writing to and reading from files
- Renaming, deleting, and copying files
- Creating and editing directories
- Working with common data formats
- ERB templating
Skill Level Beginner
Ruby on Rails 5 Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund10h 21m Beginner
1. The File System
2. Work with Files
3. Work with Directories
4. Common Data Formats
5. ERB Templating
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.