Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Ruby: Classes and Modules.
- [Kevin] Thank you for taking…Ruby Essential Training part two,…Classes and Modules, with me.…The power of Ruby lies in defining…custom classes and modules…and being able to work with instances effectively.…In this course,…we covered those concepts thoroughly,…but we only scratched the surface…of the many uses for these techniques.…I can tell you from personal experience…that these techniques will carry you far.…They'll help you to stay organized…and to not repeat yourself.…They allow you to write elegant, efficient code…that's easy to maintain…and to extend that code over time.…There's more you can do with Ruby.…
I encourage you to keep going…with part three of this course,…where we will learn how to work with files and directories.…We will conclude by using all of our Ruby skills…to create a complete application…that can read and write information to files.…Until then, happy coding.…
- Defining a custom class
- Working with instances of a class
- Class and instance attributes and methods
- Class inheritance
- Working with dates and times
- Using modules as namespaces and mixins
- Raising and handling exceptions
Skill Level Beginner
2. Class Attributes and Methods
4. Dates and Times
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.