- [Instructor] In this movie, we'll take a brief look…at the topic of file permissions.…All modern operating systems allow…for having multiple users.…You may only ever log into your computer as a single user,…but there is multi-user functionality that's still present.…Because of that, all files have ownership information…that says what user owns a file,…and permissions that determine whether the owner,…and other users are allowed to read the file, edit the file,…and in the case of programs, execute the file.…It's likely that most of the files on your computer…are owned by you and are accessible by you.…
So most of the time you're not going to need…to worry about permissions.…But every now and then,…a file permissions issue raises its head,…and it's something that you're going to have to troubleshoot.…Unfortunately, troubleshooting can be a little bit tricky…because there're different permission systems…for Unix and Windows.…There's not a one size fits all approach for handling this.…Still I want to give you some basic guidance…
- File system basics
- Writing to and reading from files
- Renaming, deleting, and copying files
- Creating and editing directories
- Working with common data formats
- ERB templating
Skill Level Beginner
Ruby on Rails 5 Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund10h 21m Beginner
1. The File System
2. Work with Files
3. Work with Directories
4. Common Data Formats
5. ERB Templating
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.