- [Instructor] In addition to being…able to read and write to files,…it's often important to be able…to find out information about a file.…That's what we're going to learn how to do in this movie.…One of the most important pieces…of information you're going to be looking for…is whether a file actually exists.…You're going to use this a lot.…Just check and see, does this file exist?…If it does, then we can read from it.…If it doesn't, then we can create a new one.…Right, we can check to see if it exists…before we try and delete it and so on.…It's a good method, and it's probably the method…you'll use most often of these.…In addition to finding out if something exists,…we can also find out whether or not…it's a file or it's a directory.…
It'll be said to exist regardless of which one it is.…We might want to check and make sure.…Not only does it exist, but is it, in fact, a file?…We touched on permissions earlier.…We also have the ability to find out…if a file is readable, writable, or executable,…and those can be useful if we have concerns…
- File system basics
- Writing to and reading from files
- Renaming, deleting, and copying files
- Creating and editing directories
- Working with common data formats
- ERB templating
Skill Level Beginner
Ruby on Rails 5 Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund10h 21m Beginner
1. The File System
2. Work with Files
3. Work with Directories
4. Common Data Formats
5. ERB Templating
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.