- [Instructor] In this movie we're going to learn…about a very cool feature with IRB called binding.…Binding is based on the idea that every Ruby object…stores its instance variables in a Binding object.…It's actually a class in Ruby called Binding.…We don't need to know much about the class,…we just need to know that it's used for the storage…of instance variables.…And we can access that Binding object…with a private instance method called binding.…Every Ruby object has one.…Where this is really powerful is that it allows us…to pass in the binding as an argument to ERB result.…
So ERB then receives this binding object,…which has a collection of instance variables…stored inside of it, and that gives our template…access to those instance variables…so that it can make use of them in the template.…Now this only works with instance variables,…it doesn't work with local variables…and it doesn't work with class variables.…And that makes instance variables a little bit special…when we're working with templating.…Let me show you a quick demo.…
- File system basics
- Writing to and reading from files
- Renaming, deleting, and copying files
- Creating and editing directories
- Working with common data formats
- ERB templating
Skill Level Beginner
Ruby on Rails 5 Essential Trainingwith Kevin Skoglund10h 21m Beginner
1. The File System
2. Work with Files
3. Work with Directories
4. Common Data Formats
5. ERB Templating
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.