Learn about ERB and how to use ERB tags to embed dynamic content into view templates. There are two types of ERB tags. Both tag types allow performing Ruby calculations, but one of them will output the result to the template while the other will not.
- [Narrator] We've seen how controllers can either…redirect or render a view template.…In this movie we're going to take a closer look…at the view templates themselves.…So far, view templates have been composed…of only HTML, we could use just HTML,…but that won't be dynamic or data-based driven.…It would be much better if we could embed Ruby code…into our templates so would could then put…dynamic information into them.…To do that, we're going to use ERB.…ERB is short for "Embedded Ruby."…It's an eRuby templating system to allow us…to embed Ruby inside our HTML pages.…
- Creating and configuring a new Ruby on Rails project
- Generating controllers and views
- Handling server requests
- Using different types of routes
- Rendering and viewing templates
- Generating migrations and models
- Creating, updating, and deleting records
- Finding records with queries
- Understanding relationship types
- Writing controllers for CRUD
- Working with layouts and helpers
- Managing application assets
- Building forms
- Validating data
- Authenticating users
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Get Started
3. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
4. Databases and Migrations
5. Models and ActiveRecord
7. CRUD, REST, and Resourceful Routes
8. Controllers and CRUD
9. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
12. Data Validation
13. Controller Features
14. User Authentication
15. Improve the Simple CMS
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.