Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Text editor, part of Ruby on Rails 3 Essential Training.
We almost done with all the installations we need to be able to develop…with Ruby on Rails.…The last thing is to make sure that you have a good text editor that you can use…for writing your code.…Windows comes with Notepad, a very simple text editor, and you may also have…some word processing programs like Microsoft Word or Open Office, but none of…those are going to be suitable for developing.…Instead, we need something that's not just a text editor but a code editor.…There are few key features that you should look for.…The most essential features are that you want to make sure that software offers…code coloring and syntax highlighting.…That is that it understands the language that you are trying to write well…enough the different parts of the language can be colored differently.…
So for example if you are working with Ruby, the class name can be in orange and…a variable name can be in blue, the method name can be in green and so on.…And it allows you to very quickly be able to scan a document and understand the…
- Understanding MVC (Model View Controller ) architecture
- Routing browser requests through the framework
- Responding to requests with dynamic content
- Defining associations and database relationships
- Creating, reading, updating and deleting records
- Working with forms
- Validating form data
- Reviewing built-in security features
- Authenticating users and managing user access
- Debugging and error handling
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Mac
3. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Windows Machine
4. Getting Started
5. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
6. Databases and Migrations
7. Models, ActiveRecord, and ActiveRelation
9. Controllers and CRUD
10. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
12. Data Validation
13. User Authentication
14. Improving the Simple CMS
15. Debugging and Error Handling
16. Introducing More Advanced Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.