Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video Stylesheets, part of Ruby on Rails 3 Essential Training.
Rails provide several helper methods, to assist…us in adding assets to our web pages.…In this movie, we'll take a look at style sheets using a helper method.…Using CSS, or Cascading Style Sheets, to separate the structure of the template,…from the style of the template, is…considered a best practice in web development.…And Rails helps to make the practice easy to follow.…If you don't know CSS already, I recommend…that you spend some time learning the basics.…But don't worry, I'll provide all the CSS you need for this tutorial.…If you do know it, then feel free to create…better designs than the simple ones that we'll be using.…Let's start by looking at some of Rails' conventions regarding stylesheets.…
By default, Rails is going to expect that our stylesheets are going to…be stored in the public folder of…our application, inside a folder called stylesheets.…That folder's already been created for us, and it's very helpful…to be able to have all our stylesheets in one location.…Rails also is going to expect by default that our…
- Understanding MVC (Model View Controller ) architecture
- Routing browser requests through the framework
- Responding to requests with dynamic content
- Defining associations and database relationships
- Creating, reading, updating and deleting records
- Working with forms
- Validating form data
- Reviewing built-in security features
- Authenticating users and managing user access
- Debugging and error handling
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Mac
3. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Windows Machine
4. Getting Started
5. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
6. Databases and Migrations
7. Models, ActiveRecord, and ActiveRelation
9. Controllers and CRUD
10. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
12. Data Validation
13. User Authentication
14. Improving the Simple CMS
15. Debugging and Error Handling
16. Introducing More Advanced Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.