…[MUSIC]…Here's my solution to the challenge assignment.…This code is included in the exercise files.…The first thing I needed to do was generate…the controllers and the templates for pages and sections.…So I did that by generating the controller with rails generate controller, and…then for pages controller, I just called it Pages, in camel case, and plural.…Pages.…And then after that, I provided a list of the…place holder templates that I wanted it to create for me.…
Index show new edit and delete.…I did not include the methods that did not need templates.…Those are create update and destroy.…Those will just have methods and I'll just need to…add those method names in the controller myself and we can…take a look at the list of output and see that…it created the controller for us and also created Those pages.…I also noticed that it created routes for me and added those to my route files.…So I made a note that I would want to go back and get rid of those.…Then after I'd done that for pages, I did the same thing for sections.…
- Why use Ruby on Rails?
- Installing Ruby on Rails on Mac and Windows
- Rendering templates and redirecting requests
- Generating and running database migrations
- Creating, updating, and deleting records
- Understanding association types
- Using layouts, partials, and view helpers
- Incorporating assets using asset pipeline
- Validating form data
- Authenticating users and managing user access
- Architecting RESTful applications
- Debugging and error handing
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Mac
3. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Windows Machine
4. Getting Started
5. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
6. Databases and Migrations
7. Models, ActiveRecord, and ActiveRelation
9. Controllers and CRUD
10. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
13. Data Validation
14. User Authentication
15. Improving the Simple CMS
16. REST and RESTful Routes
17. Debugging and Error Handling
18. Introducing More Advanced Topics
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.