In this movie, Kevin walks you through his solution to the previous challenge.
- In this movie I'm gonna show you, my solution,…to the challenge assignment.…This code is also included in the exercise files.…The first thing I did was I went to my command line,…Made sure I was in the root of my rails project.…And then, I ran the command,…rails generate model, subject.…I used uppercase S, cause it's camel case,…and I made it singular.…Then it generated the model for me which created…a migration and a model file as well.…Then I ran rails generate model page...…And did the same thing rails generate model section.…
So that gave me the three migration files that…I needed with my models.…Next, I came over to my text editor and I found…those migrations in the db migrate folder.…The first one was create subjects, and I changed the…change method that it gave me by default to be…two methods up and down.…One that will create table subjects and the other…that will drop table subjects.…Inside table subjects I've given it a definition…I've got a column string name, a column for integer…position.…And a column for boolean visible.…
- Creating and configuring a new Ruby on Rails project
- Generating controllers and views
- Handling server requests
- Using different types of routes
- Rendering and viewing templates
- Generating migrations and models
- Creating, updating, and deleting records
- Finding records with queries
- Understanding relationship types
- Writing controllers for CRUD
- Working with layouts and helpers
- Managing application assets
- Building forms
- Validating data
- Authenticating users
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Get Started
3. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
4. Databases and Migrations
5. Models and ActiveRecord
7. CRUD, REST, and Resourceful Routes
8. Controllers and CRUD
9. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
12. Data Validation
13. Controller Features
14. User Authentication
15. Improve the Simple CMS
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.