Join Kevin Skoglund for an in-depth discussion in this video RubyGems installation via Command Prompt, part of Ruby on Rails 4 Essential Training.
…Now that we have Ruby installed, ready to learn about RubyGems.…RubyGems helps us to manage the different review libraries that we'll be needing.…RubyGems is the name of the package manager.…A single RubyGem or just Gem for short, is simply…Ruby Code has been packaged up for easy distribution using RubyGems.…We are just going to make extensive use of RubyGems.…You will become very familiar with them and…as you'll see, Rails is itself a RubyGem.…And when we installed Ruby using the Ruby…installer, it should have included RubyGems for us, automaticlaly.…
If for any reason that stops being true in the…future, the way you get RubyGems is by going to RubyGems.org.…And from right there you can see the link for installing RubyGems.…It'll take you to the download instructions.…This is a good resource for RubyGems because you can find…all the RubyGems, all the Code Libraries that have been created, that…can be shared with RubyGems and they also host user guides,…frequently asking questions and things you might want to know about RubyGems.…
- Why use Ruby on Rails?
- Installing Ruby on Rails on Mac and Windows
- Rendering templates and redirecting requests
- Generating and running database migrations
- Creating, updating, and deleting records
- Understanding association types
- Using layouts, partials, and view helpers
- Incorporating assets using asset pipeline
- Validating form data
- Authenticating users and managing user access
- Architecting RESTful applications
- Debugging and error handing
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Mac
3. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Windows Machine
4. Getting Started
5. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
6. Databases and Migrations
7. Models, ActiveRecord, and ActiveRelation
9. Controllers and CRUD
10. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
13. Data Validation
14. User Authentication
15. Improving the Simple CMS
16. REST and RESTful Routes
17. Debugging and Error Handling
18. Introducing More Advanced Topics
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.