…In this movie, we'll make sure you have the correct version…of Ruby and if not, I'll help you to get it installed.…So let's begin by talking about what version of Ruby we want to install.…Version 1.8 came out a number of years ago and was a very popular version of Ruby.…Was out for a long time and a lot of people ended up using it.…It may actually still work with Ruby on Rails so you may have good luck with that.…But it's no longer supported.…It's actually considered dead Software at this point.…So you don't want to be using it even if…you can happen to find an installer for it somewhere.…
You're better off going with one of the…newer versions and there are better versions to choose.…There is 1.9.2 or higher, which is consider required for Ruby on Rails four.…1.9.3 is actually the newest in the 1.9 series.…1.9.1 was of very briefly, it had a couple of…bugs in it and so it was also killed off.…1.9.2 or higher is what you need but even better is version 2.0 or higher.…That's what is considered preferred.…Now if you have 192 or 193 feel free to go ahead and use that.…
- Why use Ruby on Rails?
- Installing Ruby on Rails on Mac and Windows
- Rendering templates and redirecting requests
- Generating and running database migrations
- Creating, updating, and deleting records
- Understanding association types
- Using layouts, partials, and view helpers
- Incorporating assets using asset pipeline
- Validating form data
- Authenticating users and managing user access
- Architecting RESTful applications
- Debugging and error handing
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Ruby on Rails?
2. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Mac
3. Installing Ruby on Rails on a Windows Machine
4. Getting Started
5. Controllers, Views, and Dynamic Content
6. Databases and Migrations
7. Models, ActiveRecord, and ActiveRelation
9. Controllers and CRUD
10. Layouts, Partials, and View Helpers
13. Data Validation
14. User Authentication
15. Improving the Simple CMS
16. REST and RESTful Routes
17. Debugging and Error Handling
18. Introducing More Advanced Topics
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.